Elections! Elections!! Elections!!!


As Nigerians go to vote the next set of Legislators (Senators and Members of the house of Representative) tomorrow, One thing is for sure, the result might be out in 48 hours according to the INEC Boss Prof. Attahiru Jega. I have been following the activities of the election from here, but I can tell you that we are going to see alot of surprises in some states, I am from Katsina, the home state of the CPC's Presidential Candidate with PDP currently the incumbent, there might be surprises in some places, but the Senatorial zone that I will keep an eye on is the Daura Zone, The Incumbent PDP Senator Mahmud Kanti Bello aka RODI is standing against CPC's Hadi Sirika/Audu Yandoma and some other aspirants. Rumours were spreading out last week about the death of Kanti Bello, when I spoke to my source in Katsina, he said its the work of the opposition, that his death might give them votes or why should I vote for a dead man? that kind of thing. I told a frend that, one of the seats am sure that PDP will win in Katsina State is that of Kanti Bello because of somany reasons.

Not only Nigeria is witnessing an election in April, the state of Sarawak in Malaysia will be conducting its Parliamentary election, the incumbent Chief Minister of SarawakPehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib bin Mahmud has been the Chief Minister since 1981. I dont know anything about malaysian politics, so I will put a stop here. All I can say it that there are some similarities with the type of politics that we have in Nigeria, the campaigning and mobilisation of people, Its quite similar, but I dont know whether there is Deployment of 240,000 policemen, heavy security and lots more. I will write more on it later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hassan Usman poly to commence HND in four fields

MEET HON AHMAD DAYYABU SAFANA, SPECIAL ADVISER ON SPECIAL DUTIES TO THE 10TH ASSEMBLY SPEAKER

ELEGANCE THAT KNOWS NO SCHEDULE: (MyZ!)