Nigeria's Real Problem!

Many of us see corruption as the bane of development in Nigeria, after 50 years of Independence, there is no stable Power in Nigeria, healthcare is still not accessible to all Nigerians, Education is still the syllabus our Parents had during their University days, we never had a free-and-fair elections, multiple Cultural and Religious crisis, Unemployment is increasing rapidly, Infrastructures are not enough to cater for the daily needs of the country and many Nigerians are living under a $1 daily.This is a daily discussion of Nigerians all over the world. How to make Nigeria work!,

Map of Nigeria

I engaged in this kind of talks because I totally have interest in seeing my country compete globally. Nigerians are boarding flights daily to study elsewhere, while our Universities are left to decay. I always talk about how and what should be done, but recently, I began to ask questions that very few could answer, one of them is "What is Nigeria's main Problem?". It took me alot of hours to come up with an answer that I think is the major problem of
Nigeria, its is the Ethnic and Religious sentiments!

Nigeria's Ethnic and Religious sentiments is the major Problem that is holding back our Nation from competing in the Global stage! If we all stop to look at things from the Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo/Niger Delta perspective and address it as a Nigerian Problem, then Visions will be achieved, Corruption will be minimized, Jobs will be created and Nigeria will work. A Minister should stop to see himself as a minister from his state of origin, he is a Nigerian Minister and this applies to all Nigerians irrespective of where you find yourself.

I will be Posting on Governor Ibrahim Shehu Shema's work in my Home state of Katsina on my next post. Remember, your comments are really welcome, Discuss your opinion on this post.

Comments

Bemgba Nyakuma said…
While I agree with you; I must add that religious/tribal sentiment is but one of the problems with Nigeria.
Corruption and lack of integrity, in my opinion , play a prominent role in the matrix of disorder and backwardness our dear country is lumbered with. What do you reckon? Groeten, BN
Bemgba, thanks for your comment, Ireally enjoyed your blog and look forward to blogging more on the current state of Nigeria.
SI Safana.

Popular posts from this blog

Hassan Usman poly to commence HND in four fields

MEET HON AHMAD DAYYABU SAFANA, SPECIAL ADVISER ON SPECIAL DUTIES TO THE 10TH ASSEMBLY SPEAKER

ELEGANCE THAT KNOWS NO SCHEDULE: (MyZ!)