A Good start!


This year (2010) will be a great year insha Allah, I said so because I have identified some progress made just two weeks into the year, I have three of them to share with you all. First, My passion for reading increased; Second, I Learnt how Steve Jobs does his presentations and Finally My Toastmasters Journey so far.

My passion for reading has tremendously improved, I now enjoy every bit of a second I spend reading a book, either on Business and Management, Self Help or Computer Science, I really enjoy reading these days, I finished reading this BOOK in a weekend, I enjoyed and learnt alot from it, I believe you too can learn alot, not only in public speaking, but also in your day to day communication with your fellow colleagues and friends.

Reading from the above mentioned Book, The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, I learnt alot, i got to know that my previous presentations were not professionally done, I was only reading through the slides, and I guess alot of people will notice that, but I promised that, my next presentation will be an award winning one, because i will bring alot of experiences and lessons learnt from the award winning book.

Finally, I got a new title in my Toastmasters Journey, which is the Competent Leader, Its a Leadership program designed by Toastmasters International. I performed a number of Roles from Timing a speech to Evaluating one, from Being a General Evaluator to Organizing a Club's Event, I managed to finish the 21 roles within a year. I am looking forward to completing ACB and ALB(Advanced Communicator Bronze and Advanced Leader Bronze)status before the June 2010. I hope my Schedule for this term is flexible to enable me achieve this GOAL.

And one last thing, Dont forget to Drop a Comment or Question on the Entry, tell me what you feel about the blog entry, you can also give me suggestion to make my blog a better one. Until then, I will be Reading Jack Canfield's Book this Weekend!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sadiq, an intersting blogpost and written quite well. Keep reading those books!

Mubbisher Ahmed
Anonymous said…
very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys know that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
Anonymous said…
Congrats on your new title.

I am also a toastmaster.

I can imagine how many roles you must have taken before getting the award.

Which of the taostmasters club are you in?

Popular posts from this blog

Hassan Usman poly to commence HND in four fields

MEET HON AHMAD DAYYABU SAFANA, SPECIAL ADVISER ON SPECIAL DUTIES TO THE 10TH ASSEMBLY SPEAKER

ELEGANCE THAT KNOWS NO SCHEDULE: (MyZ!)