My story on Fighting facebook addiction!


Its two days into my facebook addiction rehab, its not easy leaving something you do for more than 12 hours daily, but its 48 hours now since I left it. Its never easy but I was just holding myself back, trying to instill the discipline into myself, but its never easy to stay away from all the happening on facebook, reading status updates, viewing the latest pictures, profile updates and lots more!!!

On the first day, I became lonely like a baby whose mom left him at home, I was tempted for more than a dozen times, but something in me kept holding me back, its like a gravitational pull that is pulling me away from it, I grabbed my book and began to read. After reading a chapter, I went back to the PC, but I could only check my email and I left after 5 minutes. Its really not easy doing away with this addiction thing. I went to bed early because I have nothing to do afterwards, I couldn't even watch ManUTD being beaten by Aston Villa talk-less of La Liga matches or Read Blogs entries of friends. I went to bed some minutes after 9PM.

Today, I woke up early, fresh and have began to forget about facebook, but I still have an appetite for Reading Moh'd Gumel and Salihu Tanko's status updates because I knew I have missed Zaben Yamma, to do away with them all, I began to watch movies I downloaded weeks ago, I watched the one's I could and began to study the Penetration Testing tutorials facebook didn't allow me to finish, I also watch the whole of Season 2 of HAK5, I read Nigerian Newspapers to update myself on whats going on in Nigeria and now, am updating my blog with my experience so far on fighting facebook addiction.

Until then, you can tell me what you feel about my blog and also share with me your experience or what you are currently working on. I will be blogging on my latest development in fighting the current addiction I am facing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:
ex facebook user said…
hi there! great post and i wish you the best.

it's been almost 2 weeks since i left facebook. I deleted my account and i was informed i have 14 days to bring it back to life, or it's gone forever. im getting there :)

well i must agree that it is a struggle at first. but what an accomplishment it is when you even have to admit to yourself that you have a problem. facebook took over each day of my life and it was like a "very important" routine i had to go through each day; upon waking, while at work, when i get home and before i sleep. it was terrible. deep inside i knew it wasnt doing me any good but i chickened out every time i tried to quit. :(

i did it gradually. privacy is key. privacy for photos. then later on with any apps linked to the wall. then lesser updates. after a while, i stopped updates but my facebook was active. i was still logging in and checking others' updates. i was obsessed with knowing what's going on with others' lives and im sad when i miss out on stuff. then i realized that those were not important. i have to live my life the way i used to. i have to find an alternative to it. i love going online but i cant go online just because of facebook right? there are other things i can do and that's when the discipline shall show.

when i shut down my page, well it wasnt much of a change. i kinda got used to not making updates. i hid my wall prior to that so i am not expecting any comments on posts. it kinda died a natural death. it was official -- facebook and i broke up. it was nice knowing him, spending time with him. but i guess it's time to be real.

i am happy and i dont miss him at all. ;) i watch movies on my laptop and read articles instead. :) i am looking for for articles like yours so i can share my story. facebook has power over us because we allow it to. YOU have control over this and you have to take over YOUR life again. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hassan Usman poly to commence HND in four fields

MEET HON AHMAD DAYYABU SAFANA, SPECIAL ADVISER ON SPECIAL DUTIES TO THE 10TH ASSEMBLY SPEAKER

ELEGANCE THAT KNOWS NO SCHEDULE: (MyZ!)