Cool things to know as an IT Security Professional.


In the last few days, interest shifted from facebooking to SELF_LEARNING, I began to learn technical things and Ethical hacking and Penetration testing via Tutorials I downloaded, I am now having more time learning what the HOW of what I learnt in my previous two courses (Network Security and Cryptography & Secure Applications)at school.

I became very familiar with opensource tools developed by hackers to practically see how it is done, tools like NMAP, CAIN and ABEL and lots more, some of them are Browser based while some are standalone applications, but my favorite is CAIN and ABEL, because it allows you to do alot of stuffs.

My favorite show these days is HAK5, Its developed by a band of IT ninjas, security professionals and hardcore gamers, Hak5 isn’t your typical tech show. We take on hacking in the old-school sense, covering everything from network security, open source and forensics, to DIY modding and the homebrew scene. Then we wrap it all up with a healthy dose of cocktails and geek comedy. Damn the warranties, it’s time to Trust your Technolust.
For the IT folks out there, this show is a must watch show for you to enhance your career and become competitive, The show is currently in SEASON 4, while I remain in season 2, I love it that way!!!
Until then, I will be at my Terminal enjoying the two shows!

Comments

Bolaji said…
Nothn do you. How can i get these seasons?
you can download them from their site www.hak5.org

Popular posts from this blog

Hassan Usman poly to commence HND in four fields

MEET HON AHMAD DAYYABU SAFANA, SPECIAL ADVISER ON SPECIAL DUTIES TO THE 10TH ASSEMBLY SPEAKER

ELEGANCE THAT KNOWS NO SCHEDULE: (MyZ!)