A Meeting with the DEAN.


It was a good weekend, full of study and watching football games. Saturday happened to be the day I was to attend the Malaysia’s premier Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) event, but due to my exam, i canceled it and stayed back in kuching to study for my exams, but i really missed the program, especially the key note speeches. I knew the event from Aizat Faiz, a pioneer Local IT professional whom I met at an MDeC event at UNIMAS, he is really good especially at what he does (computers).
Sunday came the day that the Dean of School of Informatics of University of Wollongong, Australia, came to visit us (his students), Dr. Philip Ogunbona started his motivational speech by giving a story, he is a very good communicator, I can tell from his body language, he demonstrated alot which is a good way of passing message across to the audience, he spoke to us also about the following:
His Latest Research
The Job Industry
University of Wollongong and the world ranking
Problem solving as an IT student
Above all, I enjoyed the overall talk by Dr. Philip, he also entertained alot of questions, and he shed more light on University of Wollongong and Inti College Sarawak's Association.
I was really motivated, inspired and challenged by the overall talk delivered by the Dean, it was one that will be in the memory forever, he also left us with a food for thought, get a Movie Titled "Karate Kid", from the story he told, I have already have the mind of getting the movie after exams and have a look at it, he also suggested a Book to us which I have read "Seven Habits of Highly effective People by Stephen Covey", Its a nice book for all.
Exams is on Wednesday and Friday, I have to go and Study, I will post after that, Until then, have a nice time and enjoy reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hassan Usman poly to commence HND in four fields

MEET HON AHMAD DAYYABU SAFANA, SPECIAL ADVISER ON SPECIAL DUTIES TO THE 10TH ASSEMBLY SPEAKER

ELEGANCE THAT KNOWS NO SCHEDULE: (MyZ!)